Saturday, June 11, 2016

And the Anger of the LORD was Hot

After yesterday's dream I went out to the mill to preach. I was already disturbed in my spirit, so I pled with the LORD for exactly what He wanted me to say. As I opened my Bible, my eyes fell upon  magnified Scripture:

And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and He delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and He sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies. Whithersoever they went out, the hand of the LORD was against them for evil, as the LORD had said, and as the LORD had sworn unto them: and they were greatly distressed. -- Jud 2:14, 15

I have known for some time that this day was coming, but it grieved me so that I could hardly deliver the message. If it does not grieve you, you do not get it. God is so angry that He has handed us over to be completely undone. It isn't future tense, and it isn't just going to be those that actually shed innocent blood that will suffer. No, the dream itself was very urgent and so was this. The Spirit impressed upon me very strongly that we are out of time. Further, all will suffer loss. Those who have been working along with those who have been silent. There will be a difference, to be sure, but the horror of what is upon us will be so much that it will greatly grieve us all.

Earlier in the week the magnified Scripture was this:

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation -- Dan 12:1

With this the emphasis was on Michael being the children's guardian, and the wrath coming for having killed them. For a long time professing Christians have assured themselves that God loves them too much to punish them. We are all about to see just how wrathful His holiness can get.

There was such urgency to this that I am already preparing to wander. I am asking that the LORD allow me to preach as I go. My heart is heavy for those facing the ultimate judgment, but like Elijah I will go as He wills.



No comments:

Post a Comment