You should know that I got up this morning to post Scripture -- just Scripture. However, as is my habit, I asked the Lord for guidance. This piece is the direct result of that guidance. I pray you recognize the Spirit in it.
But there were false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them -- bring swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; if He did not spare the ancient world when He brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard) -- if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.--- 2 Pet 2:1-9
Since we know all these things are true, we should also be able to realize that God will not ignore our disobedience, either. For God holds these things against us:
1. We have forsaken our God for the love of money. Our wealth is far more important to us than His will -- for we have removed Him from every place except for the most private. He is not allowed in our schools. He is not allowed in our government. He is not allowed in our business. He is not allowed in our public lives. Our focus is on money. (Remember: Have no other god before Me.)
2. By inaction, agreement, or participation we have supported the slaughter of innocents. Although it was our job to demand protection for them, we looked the other way, and our land is now completely awash in their blood. (This grieves Him mightily.)
3. Instead of reforming society with His word, we have allowed society to reform His word. We have regarded our "image" as more important than His word, considering it far more important to be perceived as kind than to actually be kind. (It is not kind to agree with someone headed for hell. No, kindness would try to rescue them. Yet, we appease them.)
4. We have disrespected the cross -- behaving as though He should overlook our sins as trivial. Though we know that our Lord suffered and died because of our sin – for He had committed no sin, we disrespect His sacrifice by expecting our ongoing sins to be tolerated. (This He is very angry about.)
5. We have confused organizational institutions with the true church. God is not Methodist, Baptist, etc. We support, submit, and absorb their teachings like they speak for God. Yet, most are far more interested in the "business of the gospel". Literally, the gospel is a business for them. (If you doubt that, you obviously do not realize that the decision to ignore the children came from the very top and it was a money issue. Offended pew warmers do not tithe and government officials threatened their tax exempt status.)
6. We have lied to the world, saying that "God is love", while shrouding His holiness with darkness. God loves the obedient. He punishes the unrepentant. Those who know the truth are responsible for speaking it. Yet, many held their tongues.
7. We have rejected the call to repentance – preferring to blame all on the “end times”. Although we are near the return of Christ, using His coming to excuse our disobedience is inexcusable. Yet, it is what many have done. We should be on our knees, pleading for forgiveness. Instead, we assure ourselves that His coming will be a great blessing for us – who remain in disobedience. (It’s like a dog taking food from the table and then standing around expecting to be praised. He will come, but with a rod in His hand.)
Yes, I asked God before saying these things. Yes, I sought Him as I wrote. Truth is these are the very things He has been saying to me for years. No, God has not stopped speaking to us. (May He make this truth broadly apparent, even to those who have slandered Him so.) The devil does not call us to save the children. No, God is the One who cares for the children and in His call to me these things were revealed – starting with the fact that churches had their tax exempt status threatened regarding abortion. It was impossible for me to have known this. Yet, I did, because He told me. Believe or do not, either way, I have told you. Therefore, you are responsible before Him.
I call you to repentance, Brothers and Sisters. This day do not turn your face away from the need. Do not pretend you have no guilt. God does not lose battles. IF we had stood on His promises, IF we had been obedient, IF we had held to the truth, IF we had not submitted to the god of wealth; then we would not be the people looking at the destruction of their nation. Do you not know that the
suffered because they chose to be lukewarm? Indeed, we have chosen to
be punished by rejecting the word God has given us. church of Laodicea
““Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with
” – Rev 3:19-20 Me.
This day let us earnestly repent with great mourning. Let us recognize His word to us, and not reject it. Let us turn away from pursuing the wealth of the flesh for the wealth of His Spirit, praising Him even in our sorrow. Let us plead together for mercy, for there is a great difference between “meanness” and holiness.
Our God is not mean. He is not cruel or indifferent. No, our God is holy. Our sin offends Him deeply. He cannot ignore it. He cannot excuse it. We must be cleansed of it. He longs to gather us to Him in loving embrace, but we are covered in the “filth” of sin. We are not cleansed of it by claiming to be His, but only when we turn away from our sin and embrace His cleansing sovereignity over our entire existence.
Gather with me, Brother and Sisters, gather and repent. If we are sincere, He will be found faithful to forgive and restore us. Then the Lord’s return will be a blessing to us -- IF we repent.
Father God, I lift up this word You have given us this morning. I plead with You to open eyes and hearts to its truth. I lay at Your feet the forthcoming harvest and ask that You glorify Yourself with the praise of all heaven and earth. Let it be known, Father, that it is You speaking through me, that I do not speak of my own desires – for Father, the people desire the truth, but they have been lied to. They do not know whom to believe. Have mercy, dear Father. Have mercy! Reveal the truth because of who You are. Do not let these lies stand! Lead us to repentance, dear Father. Do not leave us to our own devices, Father, for we are completely lost without You. Have mercy, Father. Have mercy! I ask all these things in Yeshua’s precious name, and thank You, Father, for hearing my pleas, amen and amen.