Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The More You Give of Yourself, the More You'll Get of Hi

It's easy to get discouraged these days. There are so many things that are wrong with our world and so many challenges to be faced, that it's just easy to be overcome. Everyone has troubles. Some face debilitating obstacles. I'm no different. I'm currently facing so many difficulties that you'd wonder how I get out of bed if you truly understood them all. Seriously. However, I not only get up, I go out to the local pit to witness and preach in the Spirit regularly.

How do I do it? The secret lies in how much of ourselves we are really willing to give unto God. Some time ago I started saying to God, "I give myself to You. I will do whatever You ask of me. Just don't leave me in this darkness. I'll go wherever You say and do whatever You ask." Now, it's true that since that time my life has gotten considerably more active, but what's also true is that I am amazingly blessed.

I see many things regarding this nation, much of it is cripplingly depressing. I see the crumbling state of the church, the apathy of our leaders, and God regularly assures me we are about to be Biblically punished. Still, you will likely find me smiling and/or laughing. No, I don't relish the reality of our demise. It wounds me deeply, but God is very present in my life. He keeps me singing. He keeps me joyous.

Understand, when I am out preaching, full of His Spirit; I am very serious. This is scary business. I know God is angry. I know we are in judgment, and I fear Him very greatly; but He is not angry with me. I have already repented of being lax about His calling, I have already turned from my sins.

I have given Him all that I have, and I have given every thing into His hand. I am not just eager to do His bidding, I run to do it. When He gives me a message, I hurry out to deliver it. When He wakes me in the morning, I jump up and run. There's no hesitation in my step, no arguing about my duty; I just go.

Now, God has honored this dedication. He blesses me. He keeps me. He fills me so with His Spirit sometimes that I think I shall take to the air! My ears are ever pricked up for His whisper. My heart hangs on His every word. I'm literally immersed in Him, and it all began with giving all of myself over to Him for whatever He wills.

I really used to tell Him, "I will do this for You, but don't ask me for that" or "You know I'm not the one for that job, don't You?" I limited Him. I attempted to control how much of Him I would allow in my life. I wanted to be His, but peripherally -- in the areas I was comfortable with only. So, I was all right with reading and studying the Bible; praying, too; but none of that potentially dangerous stuff. No, that's for someone else, right?

God wants all of us. That's the truth of the matter. He wants all we are, because only when we give all we are can He remake us to our full potential. Do you know what will put and keep a smile on your face more than anything else? Reaching your full potential in Him. I have never been so fulfilled as I am right now. Letting His Spirit flow through me preaching or teaching sets me free in ways I cannot describe. It's liberating. It's who I am supposed to be, and I would have never, ever have dared if I had not finally given myself completely over to Him. Don't ask me why. I don't know, but it was a hurdle I just could not pass. But I gave myself to Him and out to the street to preach I went -- like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Do you want to be happy in this dark age? Do you really want to be satisfied and fulfilled? Give All  of yourself to Him. Tell Him that you want to surrender your all to Him. You cannot out give God. It's just not possible. The more of yourself you give to Him, the more of Him you will get -- the more He will fill you with His Spirit, the more He will lead you, and the more He will abide in you. It's literally blessing upon blessing. It changes not only our physical world, but also our perspective. When He is our concern, nothing else can concern us. We may regard the immanent danger, but we will not fear it or be held captive by it.

All this being true, I would be remiss if I did not point out that sin is a problem. You'll remember that I said, "I had already repented . . ." Well, if there is something nagging at you, just repent. Whatever it is just give it to Him. If you can't get past it, there's probably a reason. So, just repent. Let it go. Then move forward with letting God be the God He really wants to be in your life. Sin is an obstacle, but God is merciful. He wants to forgive, and He wants you to be all that you can be.

An abortuary is an open pit of hell. Literally, it has ties to hell itself, with demons and such coming and going. Yet, I stand in broad daylight in full view and preach like there was nothing to be concerned with. I give those inside the applicable Scriptures, I warn them of God's wrath, and I plead with them with all I have; and I do so in such power that it's astonishing. I am no longer even marginally my own. I am completely His, and He is mine. He is my Master. I hear His voice, and everything in me bends to His will. How can I not be happy? He is the LORD!

The joy of the LORD is my strength. -- Neh 8:10

He truly is our strength. The evil one cannot sway us when we are "all in" for Him. No, the problem comes from trying to do it ourselves just because we feel we must. That's not what He intended. No, He intended for us to go and do by His Spirit, meaning He would fill us and guide us, and carry us if need be, as long as we are completely submissive to Him. Give Him your all today. Let these dark days become your best days.

Blessings,

Betty


No comments:

Post a Comment