Thursday, May 12, 2016

Any Excuse Will Do

As fb continues to refuse me entrance, I am moved to share here what God is doing here in Kansas -- for the Spirit is moving mightily among us. Clinic workers are being given the word daily. They are being called to repentance. They are being warned of the Biblical consequences of their actions. And they are being pled with to repent before God's wrath comes upon them. Likewise abortive parents are being offered help, cautioned regarding the consequences, offered the truth of Scripture, and pled with to have mercy on their children. It's a scene straight from the gates of hell once you realize that these really are little babies that are being brutalized to death for a fee.

As I went up this morning to preach, the Spirit impressed the barbarity of it upon me quite strongly. Seriously, the brutality of the past truly has nothing on the brutality of the present. We are as inhumane as the Mayans and as ruthless as the Mongolians, and more prolific than Hitler's Germany. Without question the children are treated as though they were nothing more than a cancerous tumor to be removed without remorse or even the tiniest of considerations. It is by far the worst horror movie script ever. Yet, it is an almost everyday occurrence in many of our nation's cities.

Now this is so because so because those who promote abortion are far more active than those who oppose, and this fact is exceedingly disappointing to the Holy God of Heaven. He gave these children to be gifts and expected us to be His light in this darkness. We chose to be complicit in their murders, that we might not offend their murderers. So, those who promote were given an almost unrestricted freedom to do their very worst, and that they have done to the tune of over 61 million precious, little one-of-a-kind, adorable babies. So, the Spirit rose up in me in wrath that these things are true, and I began to preach.

The first thing I try to do is call to attention all that listens as I do not speak idly. No true servant of God does. No, we speak as He wills and what we say carries real weight -- not because we say it, but because He is speaking through us. So, I tend to herald my Master clearly. I do not want those who listen to misunderstand, thinking perhaps I speak of myself. That would be wrong because the danger is very real and the One I represent is very dangerous. He is inescapable, and all-powerful. Even as I'm standing there, spiritually on the edge of the precipice between heaven and hell, I cannot help but be aware that He is listening and that my pleading has eternal consequences. It's often my opportunity to call them back from the abyss, and it may well be their last opportunity to repent. So, it's a very sombre situation.

This all being true the Spirit was strong on me and the message was powerful, and I preached for a goodly time. Most who preach prepare ahead of time. They pick their Scriptures and make notes on the points they want to cover. While I do have Scripture notes, I do not really pick which ones to preach on. No, for preaching such as this I ask God even as I am standing to deliver. Why? Only God knows what these people need to hear. Children are dying not twenty feet from where I stand. How can I deliver them? The truth is I cannot -- only God can. Therefore, it should not be me who chooses what I should say, but the One I serve.

This morning's message was powerful indeed. Those who heard it were moved. Not because I preached it. No, because God ordained it. Here's the thing: If we are to win this war -- and believe me we are truly at war -- one that will either be the end of our nation or the salvation of it, we absolutely must stop making this about ourselves. We need to make God our priority.

Prosperity teaching has done a lot of damage to our nation. Perhaps the biggest problem is that it has helped to create a people too focused on "what's in it for me". Now, it's true there are those that work because they are putting God first; but many, many more consider themselves first. It is one of the primary reasons people do not try to save the children. I'm talking about professing Christianity here. Professing Christianity is far more interested in being blessed than saving the children's lives. "It's too controversial. It's too heartbreaking. It's too dangerous. It's too much to ask!" Pretty much any excuse will keep them out of the fight while our nation drowns in little baby blood. How selfish. How inexcusable. How unChristlike! Yet, we have church after church filled to the brim with nothing but.

Enough! Time to step out of our comfort zones and get to work. Do you know how few bother? Well, consider this in an area of over 700 churches, you'd be blessed to have 50 faithful workers! Very blessed. The majority of those churches might well be filled to overflowing with pew-warmers, but real active Christians are near extinction in this United States. Now that's sobering, horrifyingly sobering. No, we're not His light in the darkness. We're barely a spark in the shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment