Monday, January 9, 2017

All Credit and Glory to our Magnificent God!


I had to run errands today. There were things only I could do, but my strength is so small. I literally do the granny-crawl, and want to go to sleep every time I sit down. I had to take care of some business, though. So, I determined to stop at the pit to at least rebuke and pray.

While I was waiting for my son to finish some of his shopping, I opened my Bible. There was His word for today!

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will NOT hear me . . . -- Psa 66:28

It's part of a series of things He has given me to help them realize how far from God they really are. God does NOT hear their prayers. Because they have loved their sin, and spurned His rebuke, He does not hear their prayers. The ONLY thing He would entertain from them is repentance.

So, I went to the pit and preached. I had to have help from my son to walk from the truck to the sidewalk and back, but when I opened my mouth -- His fire poured out in strength! Wow!! It was nothing short of miraculous. It was a great, if brief, sermon, too -- not because I preached it, but in spite of me. It was ALL Him.

I'm about to take some more medicine and rest. I'm exhausted, but blessed to the point of tears. Thank you, Lord. Thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment