Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Prayer for this Nation

LORD, have mercy on this people for they have chosen evil over You again. The children's blood will still run, but they celebrate. They did not believe You enough to fear You, nor did they trust You enough to see Your deliverance. They did not realize that the furnace was our escape. Choosing someone You could bless us through was our only real option, but they could not see it. Because they were too afraid of man, they did not see it.

Nor did they did prioritize Your heart over their desire to prosper. No, they chose to continue in sin, the sin of self over Your word. Like rats to the piper they have followed the music to their doom. They think You will prosper them while they turn their backs on the children, ignoring their cries. How many have said, "It isn't my job? God did not call me to that?" Tens of thousands have died, but this nation is more concerned with being considered great than actually being great. What is great about us, though, is the cry against us.

And the LORD said, "Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now; and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come to Me; and if not, I will know. -- Gen 18:20, 21

Like Sodom and Gomorrah the innocent we have killed cry out against us, and that cry is very great. It shudders my soul to even think of it for I know it grieves You deeply. They are no more because the blood they shed gave testimony against them. You have thoroughly warned us against the same. Yet, we have not listened. Instead we have chosen a man who will not consider the helpless. (He has already decided to ignore them.) So, the slaughter will continue and the cry against us will increase.

How my heart grieves over this people, LORD. They do not hear. They do not see. They do not want to know. They want to be blessed!

Have mercy, LORD, for they are blind. They believe they have done a good thing, chosen wisely. They do not see how Your wrath is kindled against them. Like Jeremiah's Judah, they do not believe Your servants, nor can we make them turn.


In the days to come I plead with You to be merciful. They have believed the lies:

Therefore, thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in My name, and I sent them NOT, yet they say, 'Sword and famine shall not be in this land'; "By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.

And the PEOPLE to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them -- them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters. For I will pour THEIR WICKEDNES upon them." -- Jer 18:16, 17

Though we are guilty like Sodom, and grievous like Gomorrah, have mercy. There are yet still some who fight for Your truth, some who stand on Your word. Do not destroy us completely -- though there can be no argument we deserve it, do leave us a remnant. But I plead with You to prosper the word You have given Your servants that some might turn, and be forgiven for very great will be the number of our loss if they do not.

You are the exceedingly great ALMIGHTY. I worship at Your feet. My heart is broken and my spirit grieved. I know not what to do besides throw myself on Your mercy for this people is unreasonable.

I have spoken what You have given me. I have pled until my voice is gone. I have written and shared Your word at my own expense, but they would none of it. What should I do now, LORD. What should I do? Speak, and I will run yet again. Send, and I will go. I will not give up and I will not be silent. Though I stand alone, stand I will. To Thine be the glory, for You, alone, are worthy.

I ask it all in Yeshua's blessed name. Amen and amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment