Monday, February 6, 2017

There is Real Power in His Word

So, I went out to the pit today, and opened my mouth to preach. My son was with me, and I noticed a rather disturbed look on his face as I spoke. When I finished the message, and we turned to leave, I asked him why he was so upset.

He said, "Sometimes, when you preach, it feels like the ground moves. Sometimes, I think it's going to open up, and swallow this place. It's like it (the ground) is just waiting for you to give the order, so it can open up. When you get intense, things react! You're not going to do that, are you? 'Cause I really think it would jump at your command!"

Hmmmmm . . . yes, God's word is earth-shaking. The very atoms that make up everything vibrate with His power. They stand at attention when He speaks. I've seen it more than once in my life, and it is truly amazing. I, also, know that His power wells up inside me when I give myself over to Him, that spiritual and physical things react strongly -- especially those inside.

We have had so many false or quasi-spiritual leaders for so long that many do not even realize there actually is power in God's word. Real power. We can tell the mountain to get up and move, and the mountain knows it. Apparently, so does anyone who's paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment