Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Storms Clouds Circling?

Even in the darkest of times, God is able. It may not look like He is, but He always is. As Christ hung on the cross, the sky darkened and storm clouds circled. I'm sure to those watching it appeared as though all hope was lost.

Yeshua, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; -- Mat 27:50, 51

We can only imagine how the Disciples must have felt. They great LORD had died before their very eyes. I'm sure they were greatly troubled. I'm sure they doubted. It's certain they grieved greatly. They had invested everything into the LORD, and He had died. They did not understand that He would again. They did not realize they were about to evangelize the known world. They did not realize that things were just getting started. They did not realize they were about to set out to evangelize the known world. No, all they knew was that their LORD was dead, the One they had dedicated their lives to, the One they expected to revolutionize their world.

This is the way it always is. It is always darkest just before dawn. Storm clouds always gather just before a big break-through. It's the evil one's way of bringing despair and capitulation. If you give up, all really is lost. If you hang on, God may just lead you in leading thousands to salvation. The devil's hoping you capitulate. He wants you to quit. So, he'll everything to make it look impossible.

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. -- Psa 18:2

When all else fails, wait upon the LORD. He is able. He is our deliverer. Let not the roar of thunder or the darkness of night frighten your heart. Be steady. Be confident. The evil one may growl, and threaten, but he cannot take you from God. He has to make you turn away from God. Capitulation is all he has. Don't give him the satisfaction.

Rejoice in the LORD always; and again, I say, Rejoice!! -- Phi 4:4

Blessings,

Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment