Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Reflection

Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up. -- Jam 4:8-10
Feeling humble today, inadequate. It's a good thing I don't trust in myself. No, my hope is in God. He is my deliverer, my protector, and my provider. When I can't see a way, He makes one. When I am too weak, He strengthens me. I never know what to say, but He puts His words in my mouth.
I am nothing, but He is everything. Others may think it's me, but I know it is Him. I push on because of Him. I run because of Him, and I succeed, because of Him.
If ever there were a worm too inept to be successful, it is I. If ever there were a speck of dust to useless to use, it is I. If ever there were one too sinful, too uneducated, the wrong gender . . . and yet, because of Him, I roar like a lion, and even the mountains tremble. Oh, yes, because I do not do anything in my own strength -- for it is feeble, indeed -- but in all things do I look to Him. 
He makes my paths straight. He makes my words stand. He makes me worth listening to -- for I do not speak of myself. Why would anyone listen to just me? No, people listen, because they hear His heart coming out of my mouth.
He is the reason. He is worthy. He is the One we all should adore, respect, honor . . . 
Me? I'm just blessed to get to work here. And that's enough when you know who you really are, what you've done, and how far He went to rescue you from yourself. It's enough to be His -- not to be worthy of being so, but to know you've been delivered to be so.

Blessings,

Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment