Sunday, February 9, 2014

This morning's Praise and Prayer:



In that day you will say: "I will praise You, O Lord.
Although You were angry with me, Your anger has turned away
and You have comforted me.
Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.

In that day you will say: "Give thanks to the Lord,
call on His name;
make known to the nations what He has done,
and proclaim that His name is exalted.
Sing to the Lord, for He has done glorious things;
let this be known to all the world.
Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion,
for great is the Holy One of Israel among you. -- Isa 12

Thank You, Lord, thank You for being who You are -- our most wonderful, most awesome, most worthy Lord.
You do not wonder at who You are nor keep Yourself from us.
You do not work to confuse those who seek You in earnest, rather tell us plainly who You are.
You, who have made the sun, the moon, and the stars do not show Yourself to be one God to us and another to others.
No. You would not tell us to serve only You, the God of the Bible, and then tell others to serve only you, as a god of other names.

How foolish man is to think he could devise such a plan to subvert Your will!
He thinks he will twist Your words just enough to suit his plan, but You know his heart.
Open his eyes, Father, convict his spirit. Reveal to him Your infinite wisdom.
Is not his wisdom the same as the original, thinking ourselves as worthy as You --
that we can change what You have said to what we want to hear, and expect You to honor it!
How dark the heart that devises such schemes! Does it not know that Your plans cannot be changed by man?

Reveal Yourself, Father, vindicate Yourself! Let not this atrocity stand! 
You are my heavenly Father. How can I not be offended that man would slight You so?
You who are so completely, magnificent and wholly satisfying to my soul are enthroned in heaven! 
Surely You are even more offended for You are the great I AM!

Surely those who devised this scheme should come to know that there is indeed reason to fear You,
and with that fear, give You the respect You are due.
But do not punish this man, Father, with death. Rather, I plead with you to open his eyes and heart.
For I would rather consider him a brother than let the devil celebrate over even his lost soul.
To Thy glory I ask it in Yeshua's beloved name, amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment