Thursday, October 20, 2016

Take Up My Cause, Lord!

Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me. Fight against them that fight against me.
Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me. Say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul. Let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
Let them be as chaff before the wind, and let the angel of the LORD chase them.
Let their way be dark and slippery, and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.
For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul.
Let destruction come upon him at unawares, and let his net that he has hid catch himself -- into that very pit let him fall.
And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD. It shall rejoice in His salvation.
All my bones shall say, "LORD, who is like thee, which deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him -- yea, the poor and needy from him that spoileth him? -- Psa 35:1-10
The Christian in this nation is under serious attack from the seriously wealthy and powerful. They hate us. They have set a net for our feet. Yet, some of us are God's own. Therefore, let us cry out unto God to "take up our cause". He is listening, and they, too, can be undone just as David's enemies were.

No comments:

Post a Comment