Saturday, July 22, 2017

Life Focused on Him

I realized recently that I can hardly talk about my life without having to include the LORD. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's a bother to do so. No, I'm saying that He is so much a part of my life that almost every story must include Him to be complete:

"I did this, because the LORD showed me this; or The LORD led me here; or This happened because they misrepresented His word; or His Spirit welled up in me and I began to preach/teach/call them to repentance" . . . and on and on and on.

It's neat, because I can remember when "I" was the center of my universe. It was a miserable time. Not sure I did anything right! Now, even in the struggles and tears, His presence comforts me and I, in turn, am able to bless people! That is instead of making their lives more miserable, or complicated -- as self-centered people always do; I am a well of hope and joy to many. (Obviously, that's not my true nature. No, it's His coming through me.)

So, when people hate me for refusing to stop speaking about Him I think: "But wait a minute! He's the BEST part of the story. You're asking me to leave out what makes the story worth listening to!"

Seriously. Life is just that much better focused on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment