Friday, July 22, 2016

How Deluded is Our World?


Do you know that people take credit for supporting me without actually doing so? They do. Some go on like they are my best supporter, and cover me all the way.
What do they actually do? They talk a lot -- to others. They speak to others about me, kind of applauding me behind my back. Our conversations are not so, but people think they are. So, they go along thinking they need not care for this ministry, either.
What's sad is that these same people can get ugly when I ask for pennies to help a mother in need. They don't give into this ministry. So, it isn't that they've already helped. No, they don't give, and they resent being asked to, but they support me?
Take it a step further and you've got the whole picture. They do expect me to give to them. Seriously. I should supply them as they see fit -- at my expense. Whatever I have -- pamphlets, pictures, books, t-shirts, and whatever they decide I should be doing -- all should be free for them.
What pastor works in the pulpit for free? What evangelist goes visits a church without expecting to be paid? I can't think of any. 
The backbone of the pro life effort works for free. We are the least of today's ministries, but the hope of the nation lies in our hands. We are maligned, and rejected; but we continue to plead for the truth of God's word. And many are just like me, our "supporters" honestly believe we can work this way forever without any assistance -- and we should do so without complaining or begging for help -- even when children's lives literally hang in the balance.
I'm just saying, we live in a greatly deluded world.

No comments:

Post a Comment