Friday, April 11, 2014

"Come, see . . ."

by Betty Baker Bailey

When the Lord witnessed to the Samaritan woman, she was so struck by the reality of who He was that she went back to the town, calling her people to, "Come, see . . ." (John 4:28-29). She could not keep this incredible revelation to herself. It was too great for that. No, she wanted everyone to know that she had met the Messiah. He had shown Himself to her and she was forever changed.

Most true Christians feel exactly the same way today. We have met the Lord and found Him so completely awe-inspiring that we cannot keep Him to ourselves. We want everyone to know Him. We want everyone to partake of Him.

My walk with the Lord has been marked with miracles and wonders, inexplicable joy and peace, and a comfort and security that nothing can shake. Even with all odds against me, He has carried me through time and time again. These days I hear angels singing in my sleep -- beautiful songs of worship performed by a heavenly choir. I get up to put them down so that I can sing them myself and they literally write themselves, because I've been listening to them in my dreams.

God is good. He is infinitely loving and kind to those who are His. With all that's wrong around us; He gives us His peace, His joy, and lifts us away from this earthly plane. Satan may roar like a lion, but he is defeated. The battle is over. Yeshua won. Come, see, my friends. Belonging to the Lord is the most important decision we will ever make. The benefits are amazing.

Psalm 34:8 declares, "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed in the man who takes refuge in Him."


God's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment