Saturday, April 19, 2014

A word of appreciation this morning:

by Betty Baker Bailey

Without God I would have been dead long ago. Granted, I would never have even been born had God not first created me, but I'm referring to the mistakes I've made since my birth. When I look back, I'm seriously humbled by the abundance of grace and mercy poured out on someone as insignificant as me. What I do have to offer the God who lacks nothing? What possible worth is there in my life?

I tell you the truth it is mercy upon mercy that God has had on me. Mercy I did not deserve. Mercy I could never earn. Yet, at every turn He has reached out His mercy to lift me up, to carry me forward, and to put me back in His army. I stand completely amazed at His generous abiding love.

How can I not love this awesome, inspiring God! He gives me hope when I am at the bottom of the darkest pit. He moves my soul beyond this earthly boundary until I am overshadowed by His wings. He is my everything. He is my God, the One true God, and He is awesome indeed!

When i think of how my Lord hung on that cross, how He took those awful beatings . . . I am moved to tears and sacrificial gratitude. I would impart to the whole world the loving mercy I receive on my face before His throne. (There is no greater position for a servant; and yet, it is the most satisfying position I have found.) I love to worship Him, to seek Him, and to submit to Him. There is a peace that comes from abandoning all for Him, a joy unspeakable. I would that the world knew Him this way. No servant could ask for a better Master. No other slavery could possibly be so dear.

To Him be the glory! To Him be all praise! Come, let us worship this Savior who was raised from the dead that we, too, might die to sin and be reunited with Him.

Hallelujah, Thine the Glory! Hallelujah, Amen!
Hallelujah, Thine the Glory! Revive us again!

Thank You, Lord, that You!

No comments:

Post a Comment