Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Song -- Have you really thought about it?

Christmas Without Me?
by Betty Baker Bailey

You're planning Christmas without me, whatever Christmas is.
I've heard talk of mistletoe and buying gifts for Liz.
You're planning Christmas without me. I wonder where I'll go.
They say it's just too early for me to even know.
You're planning Christmas without me, though it's not too far away.
Don't you know that I'm not ready to come outside and play?

What are Christmas bells?
Who are Santa's elves?
Are there presents for me?
Is snow really cold?
Why is Grandma old?
I can hardly wait to see.

You're planning Christmas without me. You never say my name.
All I hear is how my Daddy is the one to blame.
You're planning Christmas without me. You act like I'm not here.
I think this Doctor Coldheart is someone I should fear.
You're planning Christmas without me, yet, you seem to be so sad.
I would think that our first holiday would make your really glad.

What's a tree-top star?
When's the craft bizarre?
Are there manger scenes about?
What's a Christmas tree?
Just who is this He
This Christmas is all about?

You're planning Christmas without me. I wish it was not so.
Without a place inside you, I don't know where I'll go.
You're planning Christmas without me, as if I never was.
I do not think I'll like what this Coldheart doctor does.
You're planning Christmas without me. What'd I do that was so bad?
If you'll just let me stay with you, I'll never make you mad.

Hear that Christmas bell?
How do cookies smell?
Will I get to taste some fudge?
How do reindeer fly?
Do you think that I
Am just some worthless sludge?

You're planning Christmas without me. I heard you had to pay
To get that Coldheart doctor to take my life away.
You're planning Christmas without me. Do you not hear my cries?
Don't you know I love you, Mommy? Can't we compromise?
You're planning Christmas without me, and I don't have a say.
You're going to let him hurt me. I'll not see Christmas day.

What are Christmas lights?
Why are "women's rights"
More important than me?
Did you deck the halls
With some Christmas balls?
Oh, how much I'd like to see!

You're planning Christmas without me. Why must it be this way?
Do you think the Babe of Christmas intended me for prey?
You're planning Christmas without me. That must be Him who cries.
Guess you cannot hear Him either when list'ning to their lies.
You're planning Christmas without me. I had hoped you'd change your mind.
How can you think things will be better once you leave me behind?

How do Chestnuts roast?
Will you make a toast
To welcome your New Year?
What does paper wrap?
Think I'll take a nap.
Why do you not hold me dear?

You're planning Christmas without me. I'll miss you, Mommy, dear.
You'll never know who I was. My voice you'll never hear.
You're planning Christmas without me. You'll never hold me close.
You won't be kissing my cheeks, that's what I'll miss the most.
You're planning Christmas without me, though I fight to stay alive.
If only you had loved me, too, so that I could survive.

What's a Christmas wreath?
Are there gifts beneath
Your decorated tree?
On some lonely night
Do you think you might
Ever even think of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment