Sunday, November 17, 2013

Blankets, please!

I've recently discovered that the old abortuary here is back to doing abortions. So, I am preparing to return to active, on-site witnessing. Literally, I'll be pleading for the children's lives as mothers come to the mill to kill their children.

The last time this pit of hell was open I made, collected, and offered free handmade blankets to mothers as an incentive to choose life for their babies. Although it wasn't something that had been tried before, it proved to be a wonderfully effective deterrent. I stopped counting when we had given out over 1,000 blankets. The program was such a success that others were making and offering blankets, as well. So, I know that more -- probably many more -- than 1,000 children were saved by going that extra mile.

As a rule there are always willing witnesses who do not know how to crochet, quilt, etc. They have witnessed first hand the difference these blankets can make, but they just can't make them themselves. So, I have historically tried to keep them supplied, but one person can only do so much. Today, I am pleading with those of you who are crafty to help us help the children. Even if you can only make one here and there, God will bless that effort, and we will be eternally grateful.

If you can edge a pre-made quilt, we can use it. If you crochet, quilt, knit, sew -- or otherwise make baby blankets, we can use them to save children. I have already been busily working to get things rolling, but if things go as before -- and I pray they do -- I will not be able to do this by myself. So, anything you could do to help will be appreciated.

Here's the thing offering free blankets for children's lives is both a testimony that we truly value the children, and a representation of our faithful, abiding love for the Lord. It reflects Him to them, and make no mistake mothers do get it. They recognize and appreciate the extra effort. I've even had those who did not take the blankets stop and tell me just how deeply they appreciated the extraordinary regard.

I am also looking for copies of the New Testament or the book of John. I believe the New Testament we used before was called the "Hope" New Testament, but any decent translation will do. I already have some tracts. So, we'll use those, too, but it is a bonus to be able to give a copy of God's word to those caught up in this culture of death. In addition, baby clothes, diaper bags, and the like are also quite useful. I find displays of baby items to be quite good at catching a mother's eye. We give them to mothers, too, if they need them. So, it's good to have a supply on hand. Of course, I'll be taking a piece of art or a poster as I can get that together. (It has been quite awhile since we had a need in this area. So, I'm pretty much starting from scratch here.)

I realize that much of this sounds easily done, but it runs into quite the undertaking. Although I never ran the effort with an eye towards making money for myself, it has always taken money to do. In part that is because I prefer to equip and encourage other witnesses, and supply mothers where I can. We didn't get to 1,000 by just considering my own personal requirements. Even the art became an expense, because there were so many possible uses for it.

Please understand, although I have worked with some of the larger organizations in the past and surely will work with them here, I find it important to stay free from them. I don't work like they do. My priorities are different, and so is my approach. To be dependent on them would mean being obligated to them, and I know that to not be the way that God would have me work. He made me a gifted witness for the children. By His grace I was able to reach many mothers, even to the point of comforting those who had gone through with their abortion. So, I'll be sticking to what He has called me to. Please understand, I'm not putting the major organizations down. We just have a different way of doing the job. In my opinion, my way is better; but, of course, they would prefer theirs.

So, if you want to be involved in saving little children, but cannot be an onsite witness, this is an excellent alternative for you. In the past, I sent email updates to those interested. Though I'm not completely certain which form I'll use for reporting this time, there will be a report (for those involved) should any desire one. So, you will know when we reach a mother and, likely, when witnesses have something to share.

Children are dying here. Together we can do something positive to help them. My website is children-of-the-heart.com. You can leave a comment here or contact me through the site.


God's peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment