Sunday, October 6, 2013

More on "The Air of Heaven"

I've been working the last few weeks to format the book for release on "Scribd" or another online book service. This would save me the expense of printing and allow access to those interested for a nominal fee. There is a lot of work involved in the reformatting process and I'm a novice at it. So, it may be a few more weeks before it is available.

I'm considering $1.59 as the fee for downloading, giving reasonable access to all the poetry/songs. I feel it a small enough amount as to not be a hindrance, but large enough to help me recoup some of my expenses. There are over 30 pieces of poetry, and another 30+ dedicated prayers. So, a bargain compared to the cost of a hard copy.

As with any ministry, the issue is continuing to serve. I want to be able to come back in a year or so and share more, perhaps next time a book of praises. (I've already starting singing pieces in my sleep.) Given that I hope to continue writing both as He leads and in praise of Him, I do have to consider the costs. For instance, my computer is old and starting to have problems, and I think I about wore out this cheap little printer. (I worked it pretty hard.) Don't get me started on the cost of ink. One would think it was gold. (lol)

At any rate, I'd be interested in suggestions or comments for those who have been checking on the book's progress. I'm not looking for validation. So, please don't worry about stroking my ego. I know that what I have written has value because it continues to bless those who read it. No, what I'm looking for is information from those who have ideas or experience in hopes of speeding up or simplifying the work of getting it out there. It has truly become a labor of love.

To start the week, I'd like to share the refrain from another of the pieces. It is called "Magnificent Grace":

Magnificent grace poured down from His side.
Undeniable love melted all of my pride,
Incredible sacrifice of an only Son.
Extr'ordinary peace purchased for man.
Unmitigated pardon from our deadly sin.
Astonishing mercy, bought by the Holy One.

It sets me to singing, I pray it does the same for all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Betty, nice words, but I don't know what tune to sing it to...

    As for publishing it... I'm coming upon this rather suddenly, and don't know all that has gone before. Are you thinking of self-publishing, or using a POD publisher, or what? How big is the book? (page-numbers). What readership audience do you hope to reach?

    If it is to be just an e-book in PDF format that people can download, you can certainly do the formating yourself, setting it up to be sold from your site and you can use Clickbank to take the credit card payments.

    If you are going with a PDF publisher like booklocker.com, the one I used, you still need to design the layout, but per their instructions. They will handle the sales and printing, but you drive the potential customers to your page on their site. You get paid royalties.

    How much to charge depends on the # of pages. If just a few pages, you might want to sell if for a buck or two. According to booklocker, the larger it is the more you can charge.

    Print books are more than e-books too.

    Need more info for more ideas.

    Blessings,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ruth, I'll look at booklocker, etc. I'm really just looking for a way to get it out there. It is about 167 pages, over 60 of which are songs/poetry/prayers.

    It's funny, out of all that have seen this, you're the only one concerned about the music. It does have a tune, though, and I am working with someone to record it. However, its unlikely that I'll release the recording before the book.

    Thanks so much for the suggestions. I had no idea there even was such a thing as POD publishers.

    In Him,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete